Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The "Captain Morgan" Stance

Most babies are easy to carry with one arm.  Not Jonah!  He was a two-handed baby until about 5 months, when I could finally rely on him to not throw his head back at any moment.  And it sure is nice to have a free hand!
Except Jonah is now very mobile and squirmy, so he doesn't like to just sit still on my hip.  This means I now have one hand on him and the other occupied while he is working very hard to maneuver himself anywhere he isn't.  Thus I discovered the purpose behind the Captain Morgan stance.  I don't have a photo, so you can just use your imagination to picture me preparing Jonah's lunch with him on my left hip, standing on one leg with my left knee up in the air to keep Jonah from falling.  What a sight we must be!