Thursday, March 14, 2013

Faceplant

A couple times I have gone into Jonah's room to find him face-planted in his crib! Terrifying. He's great at rolling onto his tummy and still a little slow in remembering how to roll back. Still, one would think that if he landed on his tummy and couldn't roll back over, he would turn his head to the side. Nope. He puts his face straight down into the mattress, hands by his sides. I spent a couple nights waking often to check the baby monitor by the bed (much to Daddy's discomfort - he even pulled out a blindfold!). My only defense is 1.) making Jonah do lots of tummy time and not helping him roll over so he will practice on his own and 2.) putting him along the left rail of the crib so there is no room to roll over in that direction, which is the only way he seems to roll. I wonder how long I can manage to not be a super-paranoid Mommy with my kid strapped down to a heart monitor?