Our record at home has been much better (i.e. fewer than 2 leaks every day) but certainly not perfect. After 6 months, I think we've about broken even on cost of the cloth vs. disposables, so long as I can keep myself from buying too many more! I'm a little addicted to shopping for new brands and cute prints. At this point, at least I know which diapers need to retire for leakiness and which are reliable. I refuse to give up yet!
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Raising the What (Diaper) Flag
Much to the relief of Daddy (and all the teachers at daycare) we have switched to disposable diapers at school. They were doing a miserable job of fitting, and I'd always find the diapers unsnapped to the largest setting, recommended for 23lb+. Hence, every day Jonah would leak and go through 2-3 outfits. And now that Jonah is eating foods, his messes are getting... well, messier. We started using liners at home, but it seems like a good time to let the school off the hook. I can't help feel a sense of failure, but it doesn't seem worth fighting for something they clearly regret agreeing to.