Sunday, July 7, 2013

Badah Badah!

Daddy recently learned that the step right before talking is babble that includes different syllables. Jonah's been trying to mix things up a bit and we've heard a few strings that fit this description!  "Da-da-ga" is his favorite.

Jonah's also gotten pretty good at parroting sounds and does a pretty good "up", "book" and "dada". It makes me wonder when parents decide that a sound is baby's first word along the continuum of practice noises?

Jonah's favorite song right now is "Ba Dah Ba Dah".  We heard it once on our Jonah Radio Pandora station, and now Mommy can't get it out of her head!  Jonah perks right up (even mid-fuss) and starts singing and dancing along!  Soooo cute!
Except that Mommy doesn't really know how it goes beyond the four notes of the title, so I make it up as I go.  It drives Daddy nuts!  He even played a YouTube video with the "correct" version of the song (apparently "Mahna Mahna" - WARNING: highly contagious!), which features a Muppet doing scat, with two background singer Muppets staring at him for deviating from the script.  I can relate.  :-)