This morning we had a visit with the lactation consultant, who gave the impression of being a caricature of the most annoyingly serene children's therapist TV character you can think of (though I fail to remember her likeness). She helped Jonah latch on the right side (he has a strong preference for the left) and was so impressed by his success, she practically made a B-line for the door. It took some pointed questions to get very little out of her (a YouTube video link that borders on pornographic and pamphlet for breastfeeding African-American women) before she was off to help those having more difficulty than we. I guess Jonah is the archetypal neglected "A" student.
Jonah's cousins came to visit a share a three-way birthday party! We are so fortunate that Aunt Pamela and Uncle Ryan were able to visit while they were up in NH for a wedding this weekend. It was an hour of chaos with Cailin super-excited (on the trip Grandmama told her about Jonah, to which she replied, "I still hope it is a girl") and Declan challenging Jonah to a screaming contest. Holiday visits will never be the same. We also had a visit with Aunt Cheryl, Uncle Bart and Uncle Jeff. Auntie Cheryl just couldn't resist!
Jonah "roomed in" with Mommy and Daddy, with the exception of a couple hours overnight when the nurse just didn't return him to our room after his check-up (against my request, but I had dozed off and didn't notice until his next feeding!). I suppose I am a little thankful for the few hours of solid sleep without the guilt of having willingly sent my baby away!