Thursday, July 9, 2015
Wheee!
Elliott was hanging out in the Beco while I pushed Jonah in a swing at the park. The mom next to me was trying to convince her toddler to get out of the swing by telling him that it was for babies and that the baby wanted a turn. (She was indicating Elliott.) I totally get it and didn't object. I'll use almost any excuse to get Jonah off the baby swing and either use a "big boy" swing or do any other activity that requires more of his energy than mine. But then the toddler leaves in a great upheaval over the trauma and it occurs to me - why not give Elliott a turn? So in he goes and I gave him some gentle pushes. Elliott wan't thrilled like the other (slightly older) infants, but he didn't complain either. He looked completely nonchalant, like he was one of the cool kids.