Friday, June 12, 2015

Caught in the Rain

The sky was darkening as Jonah was out riding his bike.  We stayed outside until we felt the first few drops, when we headed for home.  By the time we reached the driveway (literally 20ft away) we were caught in a deluge!  I told Jonah to go up and wait on the porch (meaning the covered front stoop) while I ran his bike into the garage.  Poor Jonah ran around the side of the house and wrestled to open the fence to reach the screened porch!  He was in tears when I found him and carried him inside.  It was dark and raining HARD.  Scary!  Elliott wasn't so happy either, as he was in the carrier this whole time.

Jonah and I were soaked, so we changed into boots and embraced the rain.  It took all the scary out of the storm and we had a blast stomping in the huge flash-flood puddles.





Next time I'll try harder to convince Jonah to wear sandals or water shoes... I had to pour the water out of his boots!