Poor Daddy was feeling unwell today, so Jonah was on his own for giving Mommy a wonderful Mother's Day!
We started at Mass, where Jonah clapped enthusiastically along with "This Little Light of Mine". Then he took me out to the botanical garden and gave me the grand tour. We made stops at the turtle fountain, misting fountain, spraying hoses, drainage grate, and hose bibs. Oh, and there were a few flowers along the way! ;-) We even found a porch swing hanging from a tree so we could swing together.
My favorite part was when Jonah took a shortcut and frolicked through a field of daffodils while I took the path to meet him. The other visitors where slightly mystified by the lone toddler, but quite enraptured by his adorable romp across the waist-high field of flowers. Jonah also enjoyed walking the forest path and finding sticks taller than him, or helping Mommy push the stroller when I grew tired. (I should note here that his help is performed while being held up high enough to reach the handlebar!)