Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Card Making

We have the double-whammy of Mothers Day and Teacher appreciation this week so Jonah and I set up shop for card making. I laid out newspaper on the kitchen floor (really, who even has newspapers lying atound? It was scraps of circulars) and set Jonah down with a bingo dobber.
It didn't take long to realize that this wan't going to yield anything on the cards, but maybe on his face and clothes. Clearly, he saves all his paintbrush holding skills and artistry for the cute projects his teachers send home from school. Eating the newspaper was far more fun. So we switched to making handprints, though I can't say Jonah enjoyed getting his hand painted, then awkwardly pressed against the paper on the floor.
So we went to plan C, where Mommy made some DIY finger paints, which I remembered seeing online. We sat Jonah in his high chair, dipped hs fingers in the tub of paint and let him slap his tray, as he likes to do. Finally, a result that was pure Jonah expression! And he didn't even try to eat the paint!